Emeritus Golf takes great pride in the quality of its players both competitive and non-competitive, host facilities and broad community involvement at each tournament. In order to continue making Emeritus Golf tournaments enjoyable for everyone, all competitors are required to adhere to the Emeritus Golf Code of Conduct. The Emeritus Golf Code of Conduct must be followed by all players, guests and caddies, on and off the golf course, throughout the entire tournament, including the practice round(s).
Emeritus Golf will not tolerate swearing, vulgar language, club throwing, alcohol abuse, lack of golfing etiquette, improper use of golf carts, or other such behavior. Such conduct may result in tournament disqualification, suspension or permanent expulsion from Emeritus Golf.
Violations of the Code of Conduct:
• Unsportsmanlike conduct, abusive language, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow-competitors, or abuse of golf course property.
• Consumption of alcoholic beverages or drugs that cause behavioural problems.
• Competitive players failure to accept officials’ rulings and penalties.
• Competitive player repeatedly breaking (or permitting other players) rules of golf.
• Failure to adhere to the dress code policy while on the host facility property.
• Any vandalism at a host course or hotel, abusive behaviour to host guest or their property.
• Any other conduct unbecoming of an Emeritus Golf player that is to be viewed by Board of Directors or Committee as a discredit to Emeritus Golf.
Code of Conduct Penalties:
• A competitor’s or players entry may be withdrawn at any time (including during the championship) by Emeritus Golf without refund.
• Suspension from future Emeritus Golf tournaments/championships.
The Emeritus Golf Tournament Committee is the sole judge in determining conduct unbecoming and may assess any or all the preceding penalties based on the severity and frequency of the violation(s). Any Code of Conduct violation will result in a written letter to the player. The Committee will determine the length of the suspension after reviewing all submitted materials, including a Golf Canada tournament official/staff account of the violation. Any competitor who is under suspension will not be eligible for championships.
Emeritus Golf has a discipline policy for conduct in recreation programs, tournaments and facilities. In the event that I am asked to leave a program/tournament/facility, I understand that the registration fee will not be refunded to me. I further understand that Emeritus Golf has full authority and discretion on how it interprets the Code of Conduct Policy and is the final authority to determine the outcome of any player that violates our code of conduct.